To all of the wonderful people who have supported and followed Alure Stanthorpe in 2018 we extend our thanks and warm wishes for the new year. We hope your 2019 is filled with good friends, good times (and good wines).
You’ve booked your romantic escape at Alure in either a luxury villa or our glamping tent. And you’ve received all the information on winery tours, romantic getaway packages and the very best Stanthorpe and Granite Belt restaurants. So, now the big question is… What do I pack?
What to pack when travelling to Stanthorpe?
Answer: Always pack a jacket.
Yes, always pack a jacket. Regardless of the season, what the BOM says, what your colleagues say, or even your best friend, pack a jacket. Even in summer? Yes, even in summer pack a jacket. As we say, the weather ‘turns on a dime’ and a day that started warm and cosy can become quite cool or cold.
You see a lot of the Granite Belt is approximately 850m – 900m above sea level. Alure Stanthorpe is even higher at 950m above sea level. In contrast, our nearest capital city, Brisbane, is only 27m above sea level. All this High Country elevation leads to a cool, temperate climate around Stanthorpe. We are blessed to experience four definite seasons, sometimes in one day! Continue reading
At Alure we absolutely love helping guests plan the perfect romantic couples getaway into the heart of Queensland’s high country, Stanthorpe on the Granite Belt. We already have a range of ultimate romantic packages, tours and indulgences such as relaxing in-villa massages. These are of course in addition to inclusions such as our luxe hot tubs and crackling fires to relax by. The idea of a Love Song playlist seemed so obvious.
Why had we not thought of this before? (we wondered).
It’ll be great! (we said).
It’ll be easy! (we thought).
Ha! How we laugh at our naivety in reflection. It was quite a surprise when we embarked on the journey deep into the world of love songs. There were so many! How on earth were we ever to choose the right songs for our guests? Continue reading
If you haven’t been to Stanthorpe you might not understand what sets it apart. But we’re here to tell you Stanthorpe is the greatest place for Queensland couples to getaway. As locals, we’re biased of course but here are a few reasons why Stanthorpe is a top weekend retreat location:
- Stanthorpe is one of the few places in Queensland you will experience four distinct seasons. This is because of it’s elevated position – for example, Alure is more than 950 metres above sea level. This means we’re likely to get snow, and more of it, than Stanthorpe town. Check our website gallery photos of the 2015 snow event. Just beautiful. Spring, summer, autumn and winter are all quite different and they all offer their own nuanced delights for a great holiday.
- Because of the seasonal variance, Stanthorpe is one of the only locations in Queensland where you can enjoy accommodation with a fireplace most of the year. Alure Stanthorpe provides complimentary firewood so you can enjoy the fireplace all year round. As we say, you never know when a cold snap might come!
- Cold climates make for the most delicious produce and growing conditions. Think crunchy fresh apples, berries, truffles and grape varieties found in Strange Bird wines unique to the area. This makes the food here ‘aahmazing’. Our local chef’s love the access they have to produce and design menu’s to suit the seasons. Check out Varias, and McGregor Terrace Food Project for their delicious offerings. These Stanthorpe restaurants will turn you into a foodie quick smart.
- The scenery is spectacular. If you get a chance to walk through Girraween National Park, try to catch a sunrise. There’s nothing quite like a good Stanthorpe sunrise at Girraween. This is the stuff of memories and if you like we can pack a breakfast basket for you. Imagine a warm blanket and brekky together enjoying the gorgeous sunrise from atop the giant granite boulders that feature in every Stanthorpe Instagram. Remember to add yours and tag us!
- Accommodation in Stanthorpe covers a wide range of options from B&B’s and motels to the luxury accommodation that we provide here at Alure. We’d love to show you just how wonderful a weekend away at Alure can be with either our glamping tent or luxury villas. There are two villas to choose from and all are secluded, well appointed and feature beautiful country views.
We look forward to providing an unforgettable accommodation experience for your weekend retreat in Stanthorpe.
With just a few days until the official start of spring, it’s timely to take a look at what’s on in Stanthorpe and surrounds over the next couple of months (to end of November 2018). Whilst you’ll no doubt still enjoy the cool weather and might choose to stay snuggled up in front of the fireplace with your loved one, there are certainly some delightful dalliances to be had and places to explore.
6-9 SEPTEMBER If you love arts and culture then The Peter Allen Festival might just be your thing. It’s just one week away and located in Tenterfield which is less than an hour from Stanthorpe.
15 SEPTEMBER Foodies rejoice! Do your taste buds a favour and take them to The Gamekeepers Dinner, which is a delicious 5 course degustation meal. It’s been going for nearly 30 years now, and is held at Ballandean Estate Winery, 20 minutes from Stanthorpe. Continue reading
Exquisite and Luxurious Couples Retreat
Enter Alure Stanthorpe and you’ll be transported to a magical setting that makes romance sparkle. This exclusive couples accommodation in the Granite Belt of Queensland’s High Country is nestled in the midst of big skies, spectacular scenery, and many natural and cultural attractions. True to its name, Alure Stanthorpe has irresistible appeal to any couple seeking a romantic winter getaway.
The Ultimate Queensland Escape
Alure’s peaceful Stanthorpe accommodations pamper guests with plush furnishings and luxurious comfort. Two villas and a deluxe glamping tent each spaciously accommodate one couple, allowing you to relax in style. Each unit has a private deck and heated outdoor spa that invites you to glide into soothing bubbles and sip a glass of locally produced wine. Could you imagine a more sublime experience? Set on 50 acres of land, these three romantic accommodations are secluded, so every couple enjoys an undisturbed view of the magnificent countryside. Continue reading
The Granite Belt region is home to many wineries.
This list is not complete but is a start on a comprehensive list updated occasionally. You may wish to book a Stanthorpe wine tour during your stay at Alure.
Robert Channon Wines 32 Bradley Lane, Stanthorpe
Ravens Croft Wines 274 Spring Creek Rd, Stanthorpe
Casely Mount Hutton Winery 94 Mount Hutton Road, Greenlands, Stanthorpe.
Kominos Wines 27145 New England Highway, Stanthorpe.
Whiskey Gully Wines 25 Turner Road, Severnlea, Stanthorpe.
Ballandean Estate 354 Sundown Rd, Ballandean
Golden Grove Estate 337 Sundown Road, Ballandean
Tobin Wines 34 Ricca Road, Ballandean.
Heritage Estate 747 Granite Belt Drive, Cottonvale
Symphony Hill Wines 2017 Eukey Road, Ballandean
Pyramids Road Wines 25 Wyberba Lane, Wyberba via Ballandean
Bungawarra Wines 181 Bents Rd, Ballandean
Mason Wines 27850 New England Hwy, Ballandean
Boireann Wines 26 Donnellys Castle Road, The Summit
Bent Road Wine 535 Bents Road, Ballandean
The winter season in Stanthorpe delivers beautiful crisp days and early morning frost with mist blanketing the landscape. Visit Alure Stanthorpe in winter and enjoy a glass of wine next to a romantic fireplace or perhaps a steaming hot tub under the stars and a glass of bubbles is more your style? Whether you decide to stay inside and hibernate all day or venture out to explore Stanthorpe and Ballandean, you’ll feel that life is just as it should be. There’s plenty to be grateful for when you get away to Alure Stanthorpe in the winter time. Continue reading
20% Resident Special
At Alure Stanthorpe, we understand how hard it is to get away. However, life is too short not to reward yourself and spend special time with your loved one.
So book a truly romantic escape for two in your backyard at Alure; home to Australia’s most luxurious glamping tent and two stunning villas. Watch the milky way with a glass of Granite Belt wine in your private outdoor heated spa.
To thank our amazing locals for their support we are offering a 20% discount on all stays during the month of February 2017. *Conditions apply
Can’t leave home without your well-loved pooch? Our pet-friendly villa comes complete with a doggie bathrobe and gourmet doggie treats.
Residents only: please present your driver’s licence on check-in. Minimum 2 nights.
Today, we are enjoying a coffee and devouring the latest edition of Delicious magazine!
This month features a fantastic Granite Belt 6-page spread showcasing the best food and wine produced in the region. It’s your ultimate ‘paddock to plate’ holiday.
We are also extremely excited to note, that Alure Stanthorpe is one of their two recommended accommodation properties.
Alure is similarly luxe and serene, with a big outdoor spa that’s perfect for stargazing, and a fireplace to warm up by later.