If you haven’t been to Stanthorpe you might not understand what sets it apart. But we’re here to tell you Stanthorpe is the greatest place for Queensland couples to getaway. As locals, we’re biased of course but here are a few reasons why Stanthorpe is a top weekend retreat location:
- Stanthorpe is one of the few places in Queensland you will experience four distinct seasons. This is because of it’s elevated position – for example, Alure is more than 950 metres above sea level. This means we’re likely to get snow, and more of it, than Stanthorpe town. Check our website gallery photos of the 2015 snow event. Just beautiful. Spring, summer, autumn and winter are all quite different and they all offer their own nuanced delights for a great holiday.
- Because of the seasonal variance, Stanthorpe is one of the only locations in Queensland where you can enjoy accommodation with a fireplace most of the year. Alure Stanthorpe provides complimentary firewood so you can enjoy the fireplace all year round. As we say, you never know when a cold snap might come!
- Cold climates make for the most delicious produce and growing conditions. Think crunchy fresh apples, berries, truffles and grape varieties found in Strange Bird wines unique to the area. This makes the food here ‘aahmazing’. Our local chef’s love the access they have to produce and design menu’s to suit the seasons. Check out Varias, and McGregor Terrace Food Project for their delicious offerings. These Stanthorpe restaurants will turn you into a foodie quick smart.
- The scenery is spectacular. If you get a chance to walk through Girraween National Park, try to catch a sunrise. There’s nothing quite like a good Stanthorpe sunrise at Girraween. This is the stuff of memories and if you like we can pack a breakfast basket for you. Imagine a warm blanket and brekky together enjoying the gorgeous sunrise from atop the giant granite boulders that feature in every Stanthorpe Instagram. Remember to add yours and tag us!
- Accommodation in Stanthorpe covers a wide range of options from B&B’s and motels to the luxury accommodation that we provide here at Alure. We’d love to show you just how wonderful a weekend away at Alure can be with either our glamping tent or luxury villas. There are two villas to choose from and all are secluded, well appointed and feature beautiful country views.
We look forward to providing an unforgettable accommodation experience for your weekend retreat in Stanthorpe.