It’s true – romantic getaways are good for your heart. If you need any excuse to get away with a loved one consider your health. Harvard Health reports that having a highly satisfying marriage actually lowers your risk for cardiovascular disease. Spending time together away from the usual pressures of modern life then becomes essential wouldn’t you agree? It’s good for the heart in every sense.
“Golden brown, texture like sun” – there’s never a frown at Alure Stanthorpe in Autumn. We love the golden hues of the deciduous trees as the season changes. Cooler temperatures allow for more time outside to reflect whilst enjoying the gorgeous sunsets that come with our Autumn skies (and they only get better in Winter).
The log fireplace features year round in our romantic villas and glamping tent but in Autumn it’s especially nice to retire to the lounge and sit in front of the fire after a long soak in the hot tub.
If you do manage to get away and book with us, there’s also plenty to do outside the villas if you desire. Read on to learn more about our local events during March, April and May 2019.
Things to do in Stanthorpe in autumn.
March 16 – Warwick to Wallangarra Steam Train & Mystery Wineries Tour
March 23 – Sounds From the Vines
March 23 – National Busking Championships
March 30/31 – Winemaker for a weekend at QCWT
April 19-21 – Queensland Eisteddfod
April 22-28 – Adina Polocrosse World Cup – Warwick
May 5 – Opera in the Vineyard
May 18/19 – Grazing the Granite Belt – Balancing Rock, Ballandean Estate, Casley Mount Hutton, Twisted Gum, Whiskey Gully, Pyramids Rd, Hidden Creek, Robert Channon, Jester Hill & QCWT
Whether you’re a couple, newly wed or married for years, there’s always that little bit of pressure on Valentines Day don’t you think? Did you remember? Did you book anything? Will it be memorable (for all the right reasons)? You’re so lucky today because right now you still have time to make this the year that will be forever remembered as the best Valentines Day surprise ever. Because you remembered. You booked it. You went a little crazy with the indulgence package and one of these luscious rooms met the gaze of your loved one after a leisurely drive through country Queensland. The romantic picnic lunch was just divine. Dinner was exquisite and how wonderful did the stars look from the hot tub? Yes, that sure was a great weekend. Never to be forgotten. No matter what you do from here on in you will always be able to remind your loved one of that glorious weekend spent at Alure Stanthorpe in the Granite Belt. Yes I forgot the milk but how good was that weekend at Alure? I forgot to pickup the kids but oh my Alure was great wasn’t it? Do you see where I’m going with this? Booked your romantic getaway yet? You’re welcome.
To all of the wonderful people who have supported and followed Alure Stanthorpe in 2018 we extend our thanks and warm wishes for the new year. We hope your 2019 is filled with good friends, good times (and good wines).
You’ve booked your romantic escape at Alure in either a luxury villa or our glamping tent. And you’ve received all the information on winery tours, romantic getaway packages and the very best Stanthorpe and Granite Belt restaurants. So, now the big question is… What do I pack?
What to pack when travelling to Stanthorpe?
Answer: Always pack a jacket.
Yes, always pack a jacket. Regardless of the season, what the BOM says, what your colleagues say, or even your best friend, pack a jacket. Even in summer? Yes, even in summer pack a jacket. As we say, the weather ‘turns on a dime’ and a day that started warm and cosy can become quite cool or cold.
You see a lot of the Granite Belt is approximately 850m – 900m above sea level. Alure Stanthorpe is even higher at 950m above sea level. In contrast, our nearest capital city, Brisbane, is only 27m above sea level. All this High Country elevation leads to a cool, temperate climate around Stanthorpe. We are blessed to experience four definite seasons, sometimes in one day! Continue reading
At Alure we absolutely love helping guests plan the perfect romantic couples getaway into the heart of Queensland’s high country, Stanthorpe on the Granite Belt. We already have a range of ultimate romantic packages, tours and indulgences such as relaxing in-villa massages. These are of course in addition to inclusions such as our luxe hot tubs and crackling fires to relax by. The idea of a Love Song playlist seemed so obvious.
Why had we not thought of this before? (we wondered).
It’ll be great! (we said).
It’ll be easy! (we thought).
Ha! How we laugh at our naivety in reflection. It was quite a surprise when we embarked on the journey deep into the world of love songs. There were so many! How on earth were we ever to choose the right songs for our guests? Continue reading
If you haven’t been to Stanthorpe you might not understand what sets it apart. But we’re here to tell you Stanthorpe is the greatest place for Queensland couples to getaway. As locals, we’re biased of course but here are a few reasons why Stanthorpe is a top weekend retreat location:
- Stanthorpe is one of the few places in Queensland you will experience four distinct seasons. This is because of it’s elevated position – for example, Alure is more than 950 metres above sea level. This means we’re likely to get snow, and more of it, than Stanthorpe town. Check our website gallery photos of the 2015 snow event. Just beautiful. Spring, summer, autumn and winter are all quite different and they all offer their own nuanced delights for a great holiday.
- Because of the seasonal variance, Stanthorpe is one of the only locations in Queensland where you can enjoy accommodation with a fireplace most of the year. Alure Stanthorpe provides complimentary firewood so you can enjoy the fireplace all year round. As we say, you never know when a cold snap might come!
- Cold climates make for the most delicious produce and growing conditions. Think crunchy fresh apples, berries, truffles and grape varieties found in Strange Bird wines unique to the area. This makes the food here ‘aahmazing’. Our local chef’s love the access they have to produce and design menu’s to suit the seasons. Check out Varias, and McGregor Terrace Food Project for their delicious offerings. These Stanthorpe restaurants will turn you into a foodie quick smart.
- The scenery is spectacular. If you get a chance to walk through Girraween National Park, try to catch a sunrise. There’s nothing quite like a good Stanthorpe sunrise at Girraween. This is the stuff of memories and if you like we can pack a breakfast basket for you. Imagine a warm blanket and brekky together enjoying the gorgeous sunrise from atop the giant granite boulders that feature in every Stanthorpe Instagram. Remember to add yours and tag us!
- Accommodation in Stanthorpe covers a wide range of options from B&B’s and motels to the luxury accommodation that we provide here at Alure. We’d love to show you just how wonderful a weekend away at Alure can be with either our glamping tent or luxury villas. There are two villas to choose from and all are secluded, well appointed and feature beautiful country views.
We look forward to providing an unforgettable accommodation experience for your weekend retreat in Stanthorpe.
With just a few days until the official start of spring, it’s timely to take a look at what’s on in Stanthorpe and surrounds over the next couple of months (to end of November 2018). Whilst you’ll no doubt still enjoy the cool weather and might choose to stay snuggled up in front of the fireplace with your loved one, there are certainly some delightful dalliances to be had and places to explore.
6-9 SEPTEMBER If you love arts and culture then The Peter Allen Festival might just be your thing. It’s just one week away and located in Tenterfield which is less than an hour from Stanthorpe.
15 SEPTEMBER Foodies rejoice! Do your taste buds a favour and take them to The Gamekeepers Dinner, which is a delicious 5 course degustation meal. It’s been going for nearly 30 years now, and is held at Ballandean Estate Winery, 20 minutes from Stanthorpe. Continue reading
Exquisite and Luxurious Couples Retreat
Enter Alure Stanthorpe and you’ll be transported to a magical setting that makes romance sparkle. This exclusive couples accommodation in the Granite Belt of Queensland’s High Country is nestled in the midst of big skies, spectacular scenery, and many natural and cultural attractions. True to its name, Alure Stanthorpe has irresistible appeal to any couple seeking a romantic winter getaway.
The Ultimate Queensland Escape
Alure’s peaceful Stanthorpe accommodations pamper guests with plush furnishings and luxurious comfort. Two villas and a deluxe glamping tent each spaciously accommodate one couple, allowing you to relax in style. Each unit has a private deck and heated outdoor spa that invites you to glide into soothing bubbles and sip a glass of locally produced wine. Could you imagine a more sublime experience? Set on 50 acres of land, these three romantic accommodations are secluded, so every couple enjoys an undisturbed view of the magnificent countryside. Continue reading
The winter season in Stanthorpe delivers beautiful crisp days and early morning frost with mist blanketing the landscape. Visit Alure Stanthorpe in winter and enjoy a glass of wine next to a romantic fireplace or perhaps a steaming hot tub under the stars and a glass of bubbles is more your style? Whether you decide to stay inside and hibernate all day or venture out to explore Stanthorpe and Ballandean, you’ll feel that life is just as it should be. There’s plenty to be grateful for when you get away to Alure Stanthorpe in the winter time. Continue reading